Information Technology - Computer Programming - Source Code - Homebrew - Open Source - Software - Hardware - 8 bit - 16 bit - 32 bit - 64 bit - x86 - x64 - DOS - Windows - Linux - Arduino - Embedded - Development - Retro - Vintage - Math - Science - History - Hobby - Beginners - Professionals - Experiment - Research - Study - Fun - Games

Commando Basic update

Updates about our products and services.
admin
Site Admin

Commando Basic update

Post by admin »

​I felt bad about neglecting Commando Basic for a few months in favor of my other projects Net Basic and Express BASIC. I was also updating Craft Basic. Most of my time is spent at my new job, so I only get about an hour a day to code.

Recently I discovered some issues with Commando Basic, so I spent my free time these past few weeks working on it.

I found issues and conflicts with the tokenization. This is due to my initial rushed development. There's so much to be done that's why even now with this update, the software will remain as Alpha version for now.

A few other little things were fixed in the code. A bunch of examples were corrected and new examples were added including...

rocket.bas

​bombardment.bas

hexagondesign.bas

curve.bas

fireworks.bas

snowflakes.bas

solarsystem.bas

The EXP() function was added. I realized that neither Craft Basic or Commando Basic had it, so now both do. This is demonstrated in the rocket.bas example.